The developers interested in two sections of the Gwillam’s farm site, Cala and Bellway, have each submitted applications to Wychavon District Council in the last week or so. As before, these applications do not include Mr Harris’ land.
Cala have submitted a detailed planning application for 128 dwellings, following on from the granting of outline consent last summer. However, their plans are not exactly the same and enable us to re-visit some of the arguments and objections raised before. BDOG has very serious concerns about the lack of regard for the impact of the development on the Conservation Area, especially in its southwest corner (Bevere Lane/Northwick Road/Green Lane junction). Among other things, we are asking the planning committee to require the developers to pull back the houses from this corner and the guidance about heritage assets like conservation areas gives us a policy framework for doing so. Other than that, most issues have been raised and dismissed by the committee, although we will raise them again.
Bellway have submitted plans for 102 dwellings, showing the detail of their proposed development, again following on from the granting of outline consent last summer. The essence of their plans has not changed, so objections can only address the detail of issues such as house design and street lighting. The distance of this site from the conservation area makes objections harder to establish, but we shall submit the most comprehensive objection we can.
BDOG will submit detailed objections to both applications, and we have, again, drafted letters which you may use if you wish. As these are two separate applications, you will need to submit two separate letters of objection, one for each application.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- Send in your letter of objection, either by means of our letter or by writing your own. The text of these letters can be download here for Bellway and here for Cala and adapt as you wish.
- If you use our letters, all you need to do is to write your signature, your name (printed), your address and the date on the second (back) page of each letter and post both to Wychavon DC in the envelope provided.
- Letters should be sent to: Mr Neil Pearce, Planning Officer, Wychavon District Council, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcs WR10 1PT
- All letters objecting to the Cala plans must quote Planning Reference W/14/00401/PN and must be received at Wychavon DC by 18th April 2014
- All letters objecting to the Bellway plans must quote Planning Reference W/14/00430/PN and must be received at Wychavon DC by 24th April 2014
- ALL LETTERS MUST CLEARLY SHOW YOUR OWN ADDRESS AND MUST BE SIGNED BY YOU WITH YOUR NAME PRNTED UNDERNEATH. This is so that the Council can see exactly who each letter is from; if they can’t see this, your letter may not count.
We have managed to have a significant impact on the scale and nature of proposals for this site, and much of that is thanks to all of you writing in. It really does count that, each time there is an application to respond to, so many of you do take the trouble to write. Please be assured that we will contest these applications while there are grounds to do so, and that our commitment to the best outcome for the area remains undiminished.
In the meantime, do please put 7th June in your diary, for our Summer Fair, and watch for further planning updates as they arise.
Bevere Development Opposition Group